Automotive Service Advisor - Toyota West
Toyota West is currently seeking qualified individuals for the following position: Automotive Service Advisor
Service Advisor Purpose:
The Service Advisor is responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for selling additional needed service to customers.
Service Advisor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts. Establishes "promised time".
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promise time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Test-drive the vehicle or refer to the test technician as necessary.
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone or branch average.
- Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications, using maintenance menus.
- Maintains a dealership-prescribed standard for "hours per customer repair order written."
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Two years of experience in a dealership position.
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
- ASE certification preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Bilingualism is not required, but can be very helpful.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s license is required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background check, drug test and motor vehicle report is required.
Service Advisor Qualifications:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
Toyota West is proud to offer the following benefits for our employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee Discounts
- State of the art technology